Tres Culturas celebrates the Month of Cultural Diversity
For the fifth year running, Tres Culturas (Three Cultures) is celebrating cultural diversity during the whole month of May, with a comprehensive programme that includes music, cinema, literature and other interesting proposals.
Following the adoption of the UNESCO’s Universal Declaration on Cultural Diversity in 2001, the General Assembly of the United Nations named the 21st of May as the ‘World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development.’
The date aims to help people discover other cultures, learn about them and promote mutual enrichment. A date that, for the fifth consecutive year, provides the perfect opportunity to celebrate the Month of Cultural Diversity throughout May.
Thus, during the whole month, the headquarters of the Fundación Tres Culturas (Three Cultures Foundation) becomes a unique stage across which musicians, cinematographers, writers and other experts in diversity parade to show us the positive aspects of sharing and discovering other realities.
On Thursday the 2nd of May, we begin this special programme with the Universo Azul show by artists Nolasco and Hamid el Hadri. We continue throughout the month with many other activities, including:
– Children’s activity
– Tres Culturas Passport: Exchange and interculturality training programme for youths.
– Brush calligraphy.
– Presentation of short films for diversity, in collaboration with COPEAN and the AZIMUT Association.
– Scriptwriters of Andalusia Forum.
– Reading club: Chistes para milicianos (Jokes for militiamen) by Manzen Maarouf.
– 5th Erensya Summit in collaboration with the Israel Sephardic Centre.